Tuesday 31 January 2012

33. Wolf Skull Cave.

140 Hours 42 Minutes, 21478 Gold, Level 33, 160 Books read, 23 Bunnies

While I was in The Blue Palace in Solitude I heard about the quest at Wolf skull Cave so I got side tracked and went of to do it! It’s not that far from the city and I thought why not while I am here! When I got in a bit I come to a massive open cavern and there’s a whole fort in there with lots of Draugr and Necromancers about the place. I have to be very careful because my timer is set to only save once an hour I have to admit though I have saved a few times otherwise but I have mostly stuck to that aspect. I think after this I am going to get really hardcore and try DEAD IS DEAD.

I was really sneaky in my approach to clearing this place. When you go in you are on this ledge overlooking everything and you can see the Draugr and Necromancers going about below and up ahead of you. There was a Deathlord away in the distance and I got close to the edge of the ledge and I could hit him with Fireball but it takes ages because each time I hit him he walks back out of sight for a while then comes back. Down to the left I was able to cast Flame Atronach at the wall in front of me and he ended up fighting it out with them, it was also useful that there were puddles of petrol which I could ignite with Fireball. When I went down to face what was left there were still a few of them and some were pretty tough but Flame Rune, Atronach and lots of healing and potions later and I had the place done.

Illusion magic is not something I would use a whole lot but if you get the Muffle spell you can advance your Illusion very, very quickly through the earlier levels. I would generally have an Alteration spell in one hand and Illusion in the other and would cast them continuously as I am walking from place to place with not much else to do.

I get back to The Blue Palace and having completed the Wolf skull cave quest I was asked to bring an item to The Talos Shrine which is over Whiterun direction, you can see clearly that not fast travelling isn’t really as bad as it is taken to be, with so many things in so many places you can just do them when you’re in whatever area when you get there.

I will head back soon but first I am legally looting The Blue Palace and selling the lot before going to my next encounter. Absolutely loving this game at the moment. Fast Travel spoils the beauty of it, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment