Friday 13 January 2012

8. Horses for courses.

Heading up the road from Windhelm back to Winterhold and I spot a cut through the mountains so I decide to take it. On up ahead I spy a horse and beside it lies a Peddler and two 2 bandits I missed one hell of a fight. I loot the bodies and have a moment of madness and decide to take the horse back to Whiterun so I can bring all my Smithing and Alchemy materials and consolidate them at Breezehome.

First time properly using a horse and it’s a great jaunt which I time without interruption to 10 minutes good to know I am not completely stuck for a mode of “fast” travel. I go into Whiterun leave off my ingredients etc and when I come back the horse has done a runner! DAMMMMNNNN!

I will have to stock up on supplies and walk back to Winterhold again but not via Dawnstar this time I’ll go round Windhelm direction it’s a bit longer but there’s plenty going on! I end up buying a horse and start out there’s a fight going on between some bandits and Whiterun guards at a watchtower just North of Whiterun so I dismount and loot the bodies then off again along the way I run through Giant camps so I’ll get a map marker for them and find the horse is handy for outrunning just about anything but I haven’t witnessed any Sabre Cats or bears as yet. I take my horse right up to the college and leave it in the courtyard area hopefully it’ll still be there when I get back from Sarthaal.

I have been messing about too much I think running about like a mad man not doing a lot on the quest side of things but once I start I’ll remedy that.

Sarthaal is easy enough but I manage to get killed twice by one of the stronger Drugr. A lack of potions is becoming a real problem. I get back to the College to find my horse is still there and since I have took all Birnas money I will take a jaunt to Windhelm once I have this part of the quest completed to get and sell supplies. There’s an Ice Wraith I have to kill for the Stormcloaks which I may well have a look at doing while I am up this way I am nearly sure it’s close by. I am not looking at the map unless it’s absolutely essential. Wish I had enough money to buy apparel with magical effects! L

No comments:

Post a Comment