Thursday 12 January 2012

7. Potion problems.

Game time 14 hrs 33 Mins, 4159 Gold, Level 9.

I am in Winterhold now and I reckon I am going to stay here for quite a while having started the College quest line. I have left a lot of ingredients and other stuff back in Whiterun and it will take a long time to go back and get them so I’ll just leave them there for now and since Whiterun is pretty central I will base most of my operations there. Already at this early stage I am having a lot of logistical problems that wouldn’t arise if I were fast travelling. Potions as well are a bit of a nightmare I used all of them up while I was questing to get to level 9 and normally I could fast travel and buy a load as my gold is up to a reasonable level again but I am sure I’ll get some at the College and at Sarthaal. Before doing Sarthaal I decide to go down to Windhelm to sell some stuff and to check for useful things to buy selling in Winterhold has taken all Birnas money, I just hope she doesn’t get involved in any Dragon attacks as she’s the only real buyer there, although when I up levels and speech skills anything goes.

On the way to Windhelm there are the usual shenanigans including another attack by the Dark Brotherhood they’re a bad lot them Dark Brotherhood ones and they have notes with my name on it I would like to know who’s been shooting their mouth off about me! I do a good bit of trade in Windhelm buying potions and selling a good amount but can’t resist getting speech training which takes me to level 10 and I use my perk on the speech tree because it pays off in the long run.

I shouldn’t have come to Windhelm I have been roped into Joining the Stormcloaks but I am going to go back up and do the Sarthaal quest before I start getting completely side tracked. I will have to start keeping a good eye on these quests and doing the ones that are relevant to the place I am in at the time. I am loving this whole way of playing though where I have to give a lot of thought to what I am doing and it’s amazing that I haven’t died yet, I don’t know I think I am more cautious now and I haven’t even started Alchemy or Smithing yet so when I get onto those my levels should start to raise pretty rapidly.

I would recommend this way of doing it though it’s much more of challenge and adds so much depth to a game which already has an incredible amount of depth. Off to rest then Sarthaal it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment