Wednesday 11 January 2012

5. Legal Thievery.

I bought the House and since that left me with only 660 gold I went upstairs in Dragonsreach for some legal theft you can take more or less everything except for a mammoth tusk, jewellery and certain potions and strangely fine clothes can now also be taken, some ingredients up there too, well worth a visit and I waited for the guard who was doing archery practice to fire away and ended up getting 50 steel arrows. I don’t mind taking my time in this way it’s all part of the gaming experience for me.

I was tempted to leave going to Winterhold for a journey to the Grey beards since that quest line is now active but I will do as I said I would, I am a bit worried though as those big snow cats on the way up the path to Winterhold are fierce and I am only at level 6. I decide just after leaving Whiterun that I’ll travel via Dawnstar and begin making my way there quickly. Along the way I encounter 3 bandits who come from a fort which I don’t get close enough to to identify I take them out, loot them and move on. Further North I find a giants camp, Red Road Pass and I watch as a Giant is fighting with three bandits, I sneak while he’s occupied and rob the two he has killed in his camp and his chest then as he’s moving away I go round and find the 3rd body and loot it as well. Onward to Dawnstar! I stop again at the Windward ruins and kill some skeevers and find a chest and once again move quickly on. I make it to Dawnstar in just over 19 minutes, I won’t always be going that fast I was just seeing how quick I could do it on this occasion.

I then begin along the coast toward Winterhold. The journey is mostly uneventful but near Winterhold I realise I don’t know where the path which leads up to the entrance of The College is. I go back and forth looking for it but can’t find it, thank the nine Ice Wolves can’t swim! I am completely lost and I feel a bit worried at this point and frustrated I end up chancing upon a shrine of Talos where a dead mage is lying having been killed Skeevers, LOOT! Then I continue on and realise I am on island off the coast as I can see the College in the distance. I head closer until the college is right above me but still cannot find the path up and I am still feeling that concerned feeling, that’s why I quit with the fast travel, that’s what you want to feel, the game completely has me, I am consumed with the need to find that path! I end up going right around and finding flatter ground and eventually the path down to Winterhold where someone is being attacked by 3 Ice Wolves, then they start attacking me! I keep casting restoration and run like hell deciding I will come back and loot his body when it’s safer.

I won’t always be timing myself either but with getting lost it took me nearly an hour from when I left Dawnstar to get to Winterhold only to find that I am not strong enough magically to cast The Flame Atronach spell which is required to gain entry! DAMMMNNNNN!

No comments:

Post a Comment