Thursday 19 January 2012

13. Swamp meet!

Walking to Solitude is not that big of a deal anymore once you get used to doing things this way you begin to see the way you used to do things as strange, I could not be bothered with all that fast travelling now it seems such a waste of time. Some one said that they have very little time in the real world and that’s why they fast travel but seriously it’s not as if we’re going to die next week or something! I mean why the rush to finish the game when you have such an expansive thing as Skyrim why not get the most of it. I honestly believe that I will be playing on this current save for a year or more from now.

Sometimes when I get up for work in the Morning and I’ll be going through my mental list of what needs to be done that day I actually say to myself “Yeah I really need to buy those Gauntlets of major Alchemy today!” and I laugh!

I found out that as default horse that you buy that get lost do return to the stable from which you bought them as mine was there at the stable outside Solitude it maybe a good long term idea to buy horses everywhere and you’ll always have one. I stay about the docks in Solitude and blast Hawks out of the sky to harvest their feathers and beaks! I decide not to take the horse this time though as the Swamp area between Solitude and Morthal is a great place for gathering ingredients. I always spend a good hour here, there are Deathbells in abundance, Fungal swamp pods, Giant Lichen, Canis root, Mudcrab Chitin, Dragonflies, butterflies and a lot of deer running around. I found a great potion to make money is the poison “damage magicka regen” this is made with a blue butterfly wing and a blue mountain flower and with gauntlets and a necklace of Alchemy I am getting 244 gold per potion so it’s well worth harvesting as many of these two as you can. If anyone knows of any other really good combinations why not post them?

2 comments:

  1. One useful potion I found was a simple Slow poison: Deathbell + Salt Pile. As you said the swamp near Morthal is a great place to find Deathbell and Salt Piles can be found almost everywhere. I find this especially useful on archer type characters. Great blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete