Monday 30 January 2012

31. Shroud Hearth Barrow.

Took me 18 minutes to get to Ivarstead by horse but this time includes slaughtering bunnies, picking flowers, killing spiders and getting lost!

From the Bridge at Ivarstead to the chest at the entrance to High Hrothgar just took me 5 minutes and one second, seriously what is all the fuss about that?

After dealing with the Greybeards and getting the Jurgan Windcaller quest line I decide to stay here for a while and do some local quests. After speaking to the Inn keeper I head for Shroud Hearth Barrow which is right beside Ivarstead. After going in I find the ghost of Wyndelins Gatharian and after he kills me twice I am close to giving up but I keep at it! I find a spot just inside one of the rooms facing into a small alove which leads to the room which he is now in (he follows you) I keep casting Flame Atronach which seems to keep him where he is, it is tedious though as he kills my Atronach nearly right away and it’s only every now and then that my Flamer gets a the odd spell of which only takes him down slightly. I start casting Familiar after a while and as with the Atronach he’s killing it quickly but it’s getting him a little bit each time.

I think I paused too long before one attack and before I know it he’s right on top of me but it’s better this way as he’s not using magic. His shock spells are very powerful and they take my magic down as well I start casting healing with one hand and Flame with the other after Conjuring an Atronach behind him and kill him pretty quickly having already taken his down by about three quarters previously! That was really tough, probably the toughest fight I have faced so far.

My real world electricity switched off just I was becoming immersed and I had to go to the shop! I was getting into the Dungeon a good bit when I realised I was going to be full up so I took a jaunt to Windhelm on my horse sold a load and came back to continue. Most of the Draugr here are really easy but a Draugr Scourge who comes out where the puzzle is and a Death Overlord at the end were pretty hard going but I got through.

I have collected a tonne of gear some of which I have dumped outside so I will travel to Windhelm again then come back for what’s left and I’ll do the other local quest which is to Slay a Dragon before heading back to Whiterun and onto The Jurgan Windcaller quest…

No comments:

Post a Comment