Tuesday 10 January 2012

1. The Beginning.

I had thought about doing this many times with Oblivion but never bothered. I got Skyrim about 3 or 4 days after it came out and between then and yesterday (9th January) I clocked 380 something hours, 68 levels and about half a Million gold. Today the 10th of January I have started again and I intend not to use fast travel , at all, never!

On the way to Riverwood from Helgan after the opening scene I passed by Embershard Mine and I wasn’t going to bother but since the bandit at the entrance was doing a bit of slobberin’ I got stuck in and cleared the place. Now I am bad for lifting everything that’s worth anything so I grabbed all I could and went to Riverwood sold a most of it then went back to Embershard twice more to lift as much loot as I could. I sold what I could to Lucan and Alvor then “dumped” the rest at the back of one of the buildings in Riverwood.

At this point in the game no fast travel is not that big a deal as you have to do a lot of walking anyway but we’ll see how I feel about that in a couple of weeks. Lucan is looking me to go get the Claw the bandits stole from him so I’ll do that then ask around Riverwood for local quests. I am going to have to do things on a very local basis for now until I can afford to buy a house in Whiterun.

No major pains just yet I tend to take everything in anyway with these games and do a lot of collecting of ingredients and anything that’s worth a few Septim! I’ll just stay about for now and get my level up before embarking on the main quest…

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I tried the same thing in FONV. It ain't easy and Skyrim seems to be a much bigger place. Good luck

    ReplyDelete