Thursday 12 January 2012

6. It's a kind of magic.

This is a time when fast travel would be really handy and I would have used it regularly for moments like this. I am stuck in Winterhold and I can’t get into the college until I can conjure a Flame Atronach, I don’t even know what I need to do it and I am not going to go looking. I have 110 magic at the moment and I am still on level 6 so I am going to find something to do so I can up my levels. I am stuck here see so I will just make the most of it.

I break into Birnas shop after dark hoping that one of those potions I spied behind her when I was bartering will temporarily raise my magic since she’s only selling one potion, but no such luck. I have heard from Birna and the Jarl about Yngvild which is back along the coast towards Dawnstar so I decide to give that a go but first I go up the path to look for that body from earlier. No body there just ferocious Ice Wolves! I have to run back healing myself then sneak up on them and get them one at a time, 2 of them! I can’t find the body either I have misplaced him or he didn’t die strange though as there are no Ice Wolf corpses either just some goat carcasses. I see a path leading up the mountain on the other side of the trail and start heading up there when I get attacked by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin, easy kill then I quit with getting side tracked and set out for Yngvild. First back to Winterhold then down along the coast swimming occasionally to avoid hunters.

I realise when I am changing spells that I need 132 magic to cast Flame Atronach so that means when I get to level 9 I’ll be good for that. Yngvald is pretty easy with ghosts and Drugrs although I get a scare at the end as Arondil takes me right to the limit but I somehow survive with a tiny bit of red on my health bar. Having a long restoration cast will go some way to upping me toward level 9. So it’s back to Winterhold once again and on the way I find a ship wreck which I wouldn’t have otherwise discovered but most of it is under water and my lungs are not so great yet so I’ll come back another time!

I head off up the road out of Winterhold once again with flames at my hands looking for encounters with which I can get myself up to level 9 and I end up walking all the way to Fort Kastav where I see a skeleton coming down from an observation tower towards me. Easy kill but then along come 2 pretty powerful mages casting spells on me and I have to start running as I don’t have many potions and my life bar is vanishing fast! That was lucky, once again I have been taken close to death and survived. This is great fun this surviving alone in the wilderness with no method of teleportation! On the way back I get attacked by a crazed Wood Elf who turns out to be a Skooma addict, so like real life sometimes, and I head off down a path which leads me to a ruin and eventually Snow Veil Sanctum not before once again going close to death while fighting with two Ice Wraiths and the odd Ice Wolf.

Two more pushes of my level bar should do it but I head back to Winterhold as it has been close out here a couple of times and I have used up all my potions with those close calls. I decide that if I go down towards the sea again I will be able to cast flame on some Horkers to get the needed experience and that turns out to be just so LEVEL 9 it is and one Flame Atronach later I am admitted to the college!

No comments:

Post a Comment