Wednesday 25 January 2012

24. Labyranthian.

I get myself prepared and head North out of Whiterun into the Mountains. Since I had already had a good look around over to the West in the area around Windhelm I will keep heading North and East this time. I head on into the Mountains via a large pass and as luck would have it find Labyrinthian pretty quickly. After this any time I find a location I will maybe keep a record of it because while you’re not using the map it is very easy to get lost. I am not however saying that I will never look at the map, I am sure there will come a point when I may be so lost that I will have to.

I have collected some wolf pelts and deer hides in my walk up so I decide I am going to make an item dump right here it’s a good location not that far from Whiterun and I am sure I’ll be able to pass through here on my way back from more Northern locations later in the game.

Not fast travelling has really clued me into an aspect of the game which would be lost otherwise, preparation. Today for instance before I headed out to look for Labarinthian I really had to think about what I needed. I stocked up on potions and took everything out of my inventory that I wouldn’t be absolutely needing. Fast travel takes this away, I would regularly start a dungeon then when I got full up I would go outside, fast travel, sell or store items then fast travel back to continue but I cannot do this now and though many would see it as being limiting I think it greatly enhances the gaming experience, it’s more of a challenge this way.

I am barely into the place when I come up against a gang of skeletons and a skeletal dragon I run about casting Flame Atronach and hitting them with Firebolt and I already have to start thinking about how I am going to make the most of my inventory space. I cannot take the Dragon bones right now they are far too heavy so I leave them hoping I can get them later (nearly sure I can!)

I start filling up very early so I am going outside and dumping all I have gathered so far out there so I can sell it later on. The Draugr are pretty powerful at this point in the game with me being on Level 23, not the lower ones but the Draugr Wight’s, haven’t seen any Deathlords yet but I know I will and they’re gonna be tough when I get to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment