Friday 20 January 2012

14. Lost in the Mountains.

62 hours 04 mins, 15404 gold, Level 19, 15 Bunnies!

I was heading to Winterhold to continue the College quest line but I ended up going all the way to Dawnstar, I am not using the map much rather I am trying to get used to finding my way around from memory. I knew I needed to head back as I didn’t want to go along the coast as I was on horseback. I headed back and ended up taking successive wrong turns until I at last was utterly lost in the mountains. Not good, I had no idea where I was and I was not going to look at the map so I just kept taking the next trail that came along and hoped for the best.

Luckily a frightened woman came along and told me she had been taken captive by bandits and escaped and she too was lost. By default I end up telling her that there’s a town nearby which she then takes off for and I of course follow her and it’s not long before I am at Sarthaal and I have my bearings again. On the way back I am attacked by Ice Wraiths and my Horse gets killed (having no luck with horses) I then find a stack of loot which I had been over encumbered with much earlier in the game so I take the lot and head down to Winterhold…

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying the blog. Glad I found it. I too am doing the no fast travel. I'm curious if you're traveling by "roads" and paths or if you are just trekking through field and mountain to get to your destinations?

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying it! I do a bit of both really. I do use paths a lot simply because some paths are lined with tonnes of ingredients, gathering is a major part of my game.

    I do go off into the wilderness a lot as well though, depends on what mood I am in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete