Thursday 9 February 2012

55. Nightingales.

211 Hours 24 Minutes, 84192 Gold, Level 45, 706 Potions used, 27 Bunnies.

I go with Karliah and Brynyoff to take the oath and become a Nightingale and get some nice armour in the process, thus begins the last leg of the thieves guild missions. I am surprised I have gotten this far without fast travel but I have been having so much fun in Skyrim that I honestly haven’t noticed the hours going in.

I must now meet them at Irkngthand which is in the mountains between Windhelm and Whiterun. I only exit Nightingale Hall when I am immediately in a scrap with an Elder Dragon but of course the guards are helping. It keeps flying back over towards the other side of the water and attacking guards there but comes back and lands near me when it’s down on it’s health it’s tough but my Frost Atronach finishes it off as I am looting 3 dead guards.

I buy and sell a little then head off. I stop briefly at Mistwatch and kill 4 or 5 Bandits and loot! The area between Riften and Windhelm is brilliant for ingredients, I have started calling this area Eldergleam as it doesn’t have a specific name. 3 ingredients in particular are abundant here, Jazbay, Creep Cluster and Dragons tongue and from coming by this way earlier and spending a good half hour on this occasion I end up with well over 50 of each (83 in the case of Dragons Tongue). I then take to the river and swim toward Windhelm collecting Slaughterfish Eggs, Nordic Barnacle and taking Salmon. I come out of the river and head towards Whiterun but reevaluate, since Irkngthand is before Whiterun I may not need to go that far so I start back towards Windhelm to sell the goods I have.

Just as I am getting close to Windhelm I see a Dragon but it’s lying dead and there doesn’t appear to have been a fight which is strange. The Dragons name is Sahloknir and it’s empty, it doesn’t turn into a skeleton either. I finish up in Windhelm buying ingredients and selling my gear and I am lucky to find a Necklace of Haggling 20%! I begin making my way west and I’ll decide on the way if I’ll go straight to the quest or stop to store goods at Whiterun…

No comments:

Post a Comment