Wednesday 1 February 2012

37. Swamps and horses!

I get through the big scrap and second time round I think it was a more difficult for some reason and I don’t bother with the Draugr that killed me at the end last time, there are actually two of them, one on each side so I sneak past as the door is just beyond them, then I “climb” down the mountain and head up into Solitude. After more selling I grab my horse and start out for Whiterun but I remember that Ustengrav is close by with the Jurgan Windcaller quest so I head for there instead.

The swamp is not the best of places to be riding a horse, tough going sometimes and just as I get to Ustengrav there are 3 bandits and a Necromancer on their way over to me! I turn and quickly head away from them but they’re following, I just need to get my horse to safety because I want it here so I can over encumber myself from this Dungeon and use it to get home. I pass a couple of mud crabs who end up fighting with the bandits as I ride on. I get to what I think is a safe distance and dismount but the Necromancer is firing ice and one hits the horse and away it goes! DAMMMMMNNNN! Note to self “keep horses out of swamps!”

I go after the horse a bit but give up and head back towards the fighting preparing myself for a scrap and there’s just a Mudcrab there! He’s one tough Mudcrab, he beat them all! I kill him and loot the bodies and go towards the Dungeon. I am barely in and there’s a lot of action, Necromancers and Draugr, tonnes of them! I realise I am seriously under prepared for this and after I have gathered all I can from those I have killed thus far I head outside to go towards Morthal to stock up on potions and sell some loot.

I am over encumbered by about 30 but I decide it’s not that far and begin the slow walk. I don’t get far when who do I see in the distance? My Horse! I jump on and I am in Morthal in no time. I sell some stuff to Lami and go to start making potions but it says in the top left hand corner of the screen “You cannot use this while in combat” I think it’s a glitch at first but upon going outside I see an ominous shadow fly across the ground, A Dragon and it’s making short work of the guards. Flame Atronach and Fireballs galore and I get him in the end, tough fight though strongest Dragon yet, a Frost Dragon. Back into mix up some potions then I’ll set out for Ustengav once more.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I just got Skyrim and am playing in much the say way you are - mostly walking, riding once in a while, enjoying the beautiful world they created. My biggest gripe is that my free horse likes to wander off...one of these times I'm going to just follow it and find out where the heck it goes. I found it on the shore south of Winterfell. My trick for getting it back is to go to the nearest stable, then fast travel to the spot I'm standing on, and the horse reappears. I may take your advice from some entries back and buy a horse in each city. My current objective is to circle Skyrim and visit every city on food using the roads, and pick up a quest here and there. I bolted after Helgen and have not done any of the main quest, so there are no dragons yet, but since you mentioned they are less frequent if you don't fast travel, I may go ahead and get that started. I'm less interested in them than in simply world wandering at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I am not "Unknown",,, I don't know why it says that... ~Newk

    ReplyDelete