Wednesday 1 February 2012

35. Benor's the man!

148 Hours 52 Minutes, 26785 Gold, Level 34, 999 Chests Looted, 23 Bunnies

I head to the Giants camp bringing Benor with me since he has been hanging around after clearing Vampire Lair and he’s one tough character, his axe strikes are deadly and he has a bow. The camp is pretty easy there’s one Giant in it, a few arrows and a Flame Atronach and with Benor’s help it’s done. I head down out the camp a short distance just to have a scout and find another Giant with Two Mammoths. Get the Giant quickly and one of the Mammoths with Fireball but end up getting chased back up into the camp by the other hairy elephant! Atronach and Fire rune and of course my companions help and that’s that.

When I get back to Morthal I say goodbye to Benor and I discover that the Giants camp wasn’t included in help for the people here so I stick around town and ask questions. Gorm asks me to take a letter to Solitude for him which I do. I am mindful of what way I went when I came through the Swamp from Solitude yesterday and I take a different route to gather more ingredients. In Solitude I buy up all the ingredients I can find, deliver the letter and head off. I remember at this point my horse is at Solitude stables so I go get it.

Heading back via the edge of the swamp I get ambushed by two Frostbite Spiders and when I dismount to fight them my horse gets spooked and runs off! These Spiders are tougher than I remember I am not sure if it’s this region or my level but they take a lot more work to kill! I can’t be bothered walking back to get the horse so I just keep going.

Much further down I find a pass through the mountains and I take it. A dragon comes down after a while, the first dragon I have seen in ages, but it’s very easy to kill. I firmly believe that Fast Travelling makes dragons spawn much more because I have seen hardly any on this play while there were tonnes of them before. Coming down the mountain heading towards the tundra and the view is amazing I can see Whiterun towering in the distance…

No comments:

Post a Comment