Friday 3 February 2012

43. Poor Maurice.

I head for Riften with Lydia. Danica at the temple in Whiterun wants me to get sap from the Eldergleam tree which is at a sanctuary along the way and on the way back I have 10 bear pelts to give to a woman in the Inn at Ivarstead. I am going to have to check how many Dark brotherhood notes I have, I have kept them in Breezehome, that’s got to be about 15 of them have attacked me up to now, they’re tougher now though, all the enemies seem tougher especially the bears.

A man called Maurice Jondrelle asked could he join me on the journey and I let him. HE and Lydia both have trouble keeping up and it amusing to watch him trying to get across a river just at a waterfall countless times before being swept downstream! I have a bounty letter for the Dragon at Bonestrewn which I forgot about and don’t realise until I have killed a Dragon along the way that that’s the very one! Poor Maurice, Dragon grabbed him by the head and, well he's not doing a whole lot of breathing now!

I have got a wild amount of ingredients on this walk the more abundant ones like mountain flowers and dragons tongue are well up to the 70-80 mark. I started without any at all so I could see how much I was getting. Admittedly it was not just from along the roads I did a brave bit of gathering around The Eldergleam Sanctuary, lots of stuff around that area and some which are not so abundant elsewhere so while I am here it’s important to gather.

I stop at Mzulft to collect the stuff I left off earlier. I give a lot of it to Lydia and carry what I am able to but I have to leave behind two very heavy Dwemer solid metal. On the way up the road bear attacks are plentiful but Lydia’s made of stern stuff. I stop to turn all the scrap metal into ingots which I give to Lydia then I make my way in the city telling a guard who’s trying to pull a fast one to wise up along the way!

I sell all I can and buy some gems etc then give all my ingredients and stuff that needs to be stored back in Whiterun to Lydia as she’ll be heading back there anyway it’ll be handy. I bid her farewell and get through the first test for the thieves guild, stealing a ring and placing it in someone else’s pocket. Now I am ready to begin the quest here for real by entering the Ratway…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my Poetry and Raps on you tube - http://www.youtube.com/user/3v4d35

WWW.FOX666.COM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/S%C3%A9amus-Fox/107312019314570

No comments:

Post a Comment