Wednesday 1 February 2012

36. Thane and all that.

I had not even headed into Whiterun when I was approached by a courier who had a letter for me from that Fire beard fella from Solitude. Since I had forgotten to go and accept my title as Thane of Morthal I decided it would do no harm to go back up there. It is also in full keeping with how I am playing the game at the moment, I really don’t mind trekking back and forth once you do it for a while you get used to it and life’s to short to allow silly things like a virtual walk to get me upset! ;) I head into Whiterun to sell and put stuff in storage then I get on my horse which is waiting at the stable and I am away back to Solitude again.

So I end up getting another quest involing Queen Potema, she wasn’t quite resurrected but she’s holed up in the Catacombs and I have to go deal with her. There are lots of Draugrs and Vampires, I hate Vampires! I am always careful fighting with them and tend to keep my distance for obvious reasons! I get killed a couple of times but keep going as my saves are not far back.

I really cannot leave stuff be! I get filled up and have to go out and sell a load of it then I come back and grab a lot of stuff in the first few rooms and corridors that I told myself upon entering I would get later and I am taking everything! Baskets and apples and goblets and carrots, the lot, it’s all gold! I go out and dump a load of stuff in the courtyard then keep going until I am full up again, same routine, out to the courtyard then back again. I think I am nearly at the end of The Catacombs before I came out I found a room full of dead Draugr and I could hear the Queens voice taunting me!

I enter a room where Potema is hovering in a large blue orb of light and immediately Draugr start coming out of their Coffins which are around the walls. This was by far the hardest thing I have experienced in this game thus far, it pushed me to the limit! I kept running around casting Atronach and laying Fire Runes but it’s really tough because shock spells were constantly being cast upon me which were depleting my magic. As if killing The Draugr was not enough the Queen begins resurrecting them after they’re dead and I get to fight them again! After a hell of a fight I must resort to arrows because I am all out of magic potions and when the last of them is done the orb and Potema vanish!

I go get her remains, a skull and head through a door which seems to take me out side, then out another door and I spy a Draugr Deathlord sitting on a throne, head bowed, I sneak an arrow at him but he gets up quickly and starts into and kills me! DAMMMMNNNNNN my last save was before the nightmare fight started! Here I go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment